My most successful project this semester was the "Found Object" project, where we had to find a random object and incorporate it in an art piece. I believe this is my most successful project because there were so many new and different skills we learned from it and it looks the best overall.
If I could do any of my projects differently it would be the "Installation" project because it didn't turn out how we wanted, changed our goal too many times and it doesn't have a purpose besides just sit in the art garden. I would make the table shorter and practically come up with a completely different installation project all together. The table top wasn't even close to what we wanted to do in the beginnig and it just started and ended badly.
To compare the "Contrast" project and the "Animal Potrait" I would have made both of them a lot darker. The were both too light and didn't have enough detail. The animal portrait was freehanded and took up nthe characteristics of a cat rather than a person. The Taylor Swift "Contrast" project was traced and was the very first thing we did in class, making the cat look better because of the more experience I had.
Before Christmas break Nikole and I used dye and water to make a letter. The water made the dye spreads in an exploding manner to make a cool design. You could make this a unit making other artists previous work then cover it with the dye instead of whatever material they used, kind of like the "Artist Steal" project.
I am Alyssa Crouson and I am a Sophomore at SBHS.I am in Mr.Sands 4th period art class.